Saturday, January 28, 2012

The thing about opinions is...

I have them.  Lots of them.  And I share them, frequently.  If you're one of my 6 followers you probably already know this.  I post a lot of articles on Facebook. Most of them political.  And all in hopes that someone who doesn't agree with me will actually read it.  Make a conservative see the light of day?  I acknowledge that this is a stratus cloud fantasy, but I still hold hope.  Maybe its the Pollyanna in me.  I know I've offended my fair share of Facebookers.  But to me, its all for a good cause.

On the flip side, I do read what my friends post.  Not that they will be able to change my mind, but out of genuine curiosity about what they feel strongly enough about to post.  Most the time I can let the  jargon pass with a judgmental roll of the eyes.  Occasionally I can not.  Then I get entangled in a heated back and forth.  Some might question why how I get along with said friends, sometimes I do as well.  But I hold on to them with the fleeting hope that something, anything, I said made the least bit of sense to them. 

That is all a way to say:

-I will forever keep posting political articles and tidbits.
-I will hold you accountable for the things you post, therefore don't post anything you are not willing or able to defend.


Some other facebook rules not related to politics though just as likely to offend:

-I do not, under any circumstances care to read about anything that comes out of your baby.  Doesn't matter which end or whether its good or bad news.  If its on the reverse track, keep it within the family.
-I will not wish you a happy birthday on Facebook.  Sorry.  Its generic and meaningless.  Though I really do appreciate all the birthday messages I get on my birthday.  I realize that this is a double standard.  Again, sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Whilst respecting your opinion about opinions (love the beauty of an opinion piece about opinions), I have a couple of pieces of wisdom to offer subtlety:


    1 advice is like snow, the softer it falls, the deeper it sinks in

    2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzCSPuzTWtw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    ReplyDelete