Friday, July 16, 2010

My life in Facebook statuses

Its an indicator of my Facebook addiction that I consistently think of things to share, but only in 50 character segments.  It also indicates that a lot has happened since I last posted because there are a number of statuses I'm disappointed that I won't be able to post.  These should give you an idea of what's going on with my life right now:

  • $40, 6 loads of laundry, and 1 entire day of cleaning I hope and pray that I have killed off all the bed bugs.
  • I wish I was a travel writer so people would read and pay attention to my opinions. 
  • Kassi is...covered in bug bites
  • Looks a mess right now...red bites covered with white Calamine.
  • I passed!
  • F U Sydney Uni
  • Hooray for being able to shower without having to wear flip flops!
  • Can anyone help with unlocking an AT&T LG Vu?
  • Holy pictures Batman! 

Yup, bed bugs.  That old adage "Don't let the bed bugs bite"  is ringing true for me right now. The hostel I stayed at in Darwin was CRAP.  Worst hostel I've stayed at.  And a few days later I was covered in in bug bites.  I only learned that they were bed bug bites a few days ago.  Since then I've been frantically trying to clean absolutely everything as to not infest my apartment.  Between all the carpet, crap washers, and the cat, I don't even know what we would do if I brought bed bugs home.  I washed everything in hot water before I came home, but being paranoid now, I also washed everything AGAIN today in hot water.  Anything I couldn't wash was soaked in nearly boiling water.  Dear lord let me have killed all the bed bugs! 

On the whinging (whining) front:  Im covered in bug bites!!!  And they itch!  And they don't go away!  Mozzie bites go away after like a day, I've had the same bites for over a week!  Today was the first day that I didn't find any new bites, which means I have like two weeks to go!  Dammit!  Sorry for the over-exclamation use, just goes with the whinging.  My roommate gave me some Calamine to put on the bits that helps with the itching that leaves white chalkiness over the bites.  So now I'm multi-colored.


Got my marks back today.  I PASSED!  Not only did I pass, but I even got a distinction (B) in Epidemiology (which has nothing to do with skin).  So hooray for good news!  Passing doesn't pacify my frustration with Sydney Uni however.  Their marking system is still crap, and they don't give you a chance to fight their arbitrary markings.  I don't think the person who marked my disease prevention paper even read the entire thing.  She gave me marks off for not putting headings in, and said that I didn't answer the question about policy and advocacy.  I did answer the question, I just did it in a different order than they asked it.  I'm sorry if reading my 5 pages was too much for you, maybe you shouldn't have assigned it then.  Ugh, I have to stop whinging now, I'm annoying myself.

And I'm trying to go through all the pictures I took on holiday so I can start posting them :)

1 comment:

  1. yay you're back! sorry about the bed bugs! i think you should write! i love reading your blog! good job on your grades! sorry about the stupid person who graded harshly. you can never over use the exclamation point!

    ReplyDelete