Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I love visitors!

It's always nice to meet up with a friend, which is not to be over shadowed by the coming excitement.  Its especially nice when said friends smuggle you goods from home!!  Like care packages from your mom :) 
Warning: This one's for the ladies.  Fellas, you may want to skip ahead to the cool pictures in the next post.


Lachlan came back to Sydney this week.  And as my own personal mailman, brought with him a bag full of things from my mom!  Master packer that my mother is, she managed to send chocolate, peanut butter (yes those things are in Australia, but its not like you can ever have too much), peanut butter cups (cuz while they have both peanut butter and chocolate in Australia, they don't have anything that combines the two, its very sad.)  Over the counter medicine that I'm partial to, new underwear that fit me (may seem silly but I'm not spending $10/pair on non-fancy underwear, and mine are all too big) plastic applicator tampons (they don't exist here and every non-Australian girl complains about this), and a whole buncha makeup that's ridiculously expensive here!!  And she managed it get here in a Time Out Chicago bag, one of my favorite magazines.  

Oh wait, did I forget one?  What's that grey thing everything is sitting on you ask? Well that would be the DADDY DAYCARE ROBE!  That's right, my uniform in Boston.  The ugliest, most comfortable, warmest robe that was given to my brother-in-law when he worked on the Daddy Day Care movie that I confiscated last winter.  It felt really indulgent when I saw it in the bag and realized I didn't need it cuz its not that cold here.  But I'm already wearing it and thankful to have it! I just have to figure out how to get it home...like everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment