Friday, November 27, 2009

"The problem with life is there isn't any background music"


I want a soundtrack for my life.  Actually, I suppose I am slowly creating one, though it wouldn't make sense to anyone else.  And I say that's okay, cuz its my soundtrack.  I have a number of mixed cd's that are labeled simply by when they were made, Spring 07, Winter 08, etc.  I'm about to make a Fall 09 cd, and thought since I shared all my favorite books** I would also share my favorite music (not that anyone cares, lol).

**I should have noted in the previous blog post that those are my favorite Young Adult (YA) books.  I do read (occasionally) adult books, and I have a fair list of favorite adult books that I plan to share sometime.

Fall 09 Soundtrack:

Muse.

 Not gonna lie, I got into Muse because of Stephenie Meyer.  I know, I'm a junkie.  I knew a little of them before, even saw them at Lollapalooza.  But bought this album because I liked the single, and figured it had to be good.  And I was right.  It's a little crazy, there's some orchestra stuff going on, but I can excuse it.  It is on constant play on my ipod.


Spinerette
 
This is a Jake recommendation.  He recommended one song, and I prefer to have entire albums.  I listened to the previews online, and downloaded, and its awesome.  Kinda reminds me of Hole.  Anyone who loves girl rockers will love this :)  I especially love the song All Babes are Wolves.  Jake actually recommended Ghetto Love, Baptized by Fire, and Sex Bomb.  All very good.



Teddybears
 
Another Jake recommendation (the boy does a lotta driving listening to XM radio).  I only have three, my bank account limited me from purchasing all the albums I wanted at once.  Different Sound, Cobrastyle, and Punkrocker.  All three sound like different bands.  One is a uses pieces of a Kid Rock song.  Punkrocker is my favorite, "cuz Im a punkrocker, yes I am."


Metric

I only know one song on this album, "Help, I'm Alive."  If you were at my going away party or anywhere near my apartment at the end of my stay, you heard this song.  It's awesome. I've heard good things about the album, but I've been so obsessed with all my other music, I haven't gotten around to downloading it.


New Moon

Stop, before you judge, hear me out.  I saved the best for last.  Whatever you feel about the movie, the soundtrack is AMAZING.  Seriously, with all the money they had to throw at this thing it had to be epic.  All the songs on the soundtrack are originals, so you won't find it on other albums from the bands.  There are a lot of heavy hitters on the album (Thom Yorke, The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, etc).  Before you say you don't like emo, let me tell you that its not all depressing.  I tend to find sad songs beautiful, but the soundtrack was supposed to come from different characters' points of view, therefore, not all depressing.


It was a grueling process to narrow down my favorites because, seriously, the entire album ROCKS, but my favorites include:
  • Friends by Phoenix (#1 favorite, this song is great!!)  
  • Possibility by Lyke Li
  • Satellite Heart by Anya Marina
  • I belong to You by Muse
  • Done All Wrong by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
  • No Sound but the Wind by Editors
  • All I Believe In by The Magic Numbers.

I'm sure there are other songs that Im leaving out, but I think that basically covers it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment