Sunday, February 21, 2010

Open letter to the City of Sydney...

Dear Sydney,

Your housing situation sucks.  But after seeing one of your beaches yesterday, I forgive you.  I understand why so many people are willing to live in over priced shit-holes just to be near the beaches.  Even though it took an hour on a very slow, also over priced bus to get to the beach, it was worth it. The fact that you don't have an ozone is unfortunate, though I have been careful not to scorch my skin so far.

On more positive notes, I have a place to live. I have beaten you at your own game!  I found a very lovely, friendly Sydney-sider who thinks Im cool enough to live with :)  Her name is Sarah (with an H) and lives in a suburb (that the rest of the world would call a neighborhood because it is in the city) called Annandale.  I was kind of hoping to tell everyone I lived in a neighborhood called Chippendale, solely for its name, but the neighborhood itself is not that lovely.  I will move in on Friday, so take that crappy-housing-market-Sydney!

Sincerely,
Kassi

1 comment: