Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Penis Man

Just before leaving for the jungle, Alejandra and I went out with some friends and housemates (our "family group" was mostly out of town at this point).  It was a very enjoyable night.  We had wine and cheese on the roof while listening to Rodrigo y Gabriella and chatting with the new housemates.  Later we went to the Reggae bar, and even that was more enjoyable than I expected.  I expected a bar full of hippies smoking weed.  That's exactly what I got...but it also came with a drink, good music and even better conversation.  There was even a pretty awesome live Reggae band with a very impressive bongo drummer (I've always had a thing for drummers).  Around 3am, Aleja, Ted and I decided to call it a night.  Following the quit while you're ahead principle.  While walking home, a man on the street, who we hadn't hardly noticed suddenly grabbed Aleja's hand and tried to yank her toward him.  She ripped her hand away, and he came back and grabbed her ass.  That's when we turned around and noticed his penis was hanging out of his pants.  Yup.  Penis.  We stared a bit dumbfounded for what seemed like longer than we should have (though I'm sure it was only a second or two), decided this guy was crazy, turned, linked arms and walked a bit faster toward our house.  About 2 blocks later, I suddenly feel something touching my ass.  I screamed.  I screamed bloody murder.  I screamed as hard and loud as I screamed when I was in 4th grade and Kim Metzger's mom wore a halloween mask in the window.  When I screamed and jumped away from the whatever it was that was touching me, Aleja screamed and went weak in the knees.  I was trying to keep her from falling, run away, and look back to see whatever was touching me at the same time.  Turns out, it was Penis Man followed us. Once Aleja was on her feet again, I turned to the guy, the closest I've come to ever fighting someone.  Fortunately, he wasn't trying to attack us with the intention of following through.  More like a crazy exhibitionist.  When I turned on him he backed off quickly.  I was't prepared to chase him down. I threatened him in Spanish instead, though I felt about as threatening as a kitten. He just winked at me and played with himself.  Angry and frightened I grabbed Aleja and Ted and we practically ran home.  We ran into some police a few blocks down and told them about Penis Man, hopefully they were able to find him before he attacked anyone else.  


A lovely (supposed) last night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment