Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Life as a John Hughes Movie

While working in an old shut down cafe, Donna equated our experience to one of those awesome, sucks in you in when you accidentally catch it on tv (but wouldn't necessarily put in the movie player yourself) kinda 80's movies.  I knew exactly what she was talking about....John Hughes movies.  Like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club, and Curly Sue (my fav!) just to name a few.  I also think he had a hand some other favs like Say Anything, and pretty much anything Molly Ringwald was in, but I can't back that up.

Since this conversation with Donna, I noticed, in Australia at least, that a lot of my experiences could be remade to a John Hughes movie.  Even now, as I celebrate my birthday by lamely writing a blog, wondering if my mother or two best friends are going to remember to call me on my birthday I'm reminded of Sixteen Candles...hmm.

Therefore, I'm toying with the idea of changing the blog name too..

My Life as a John Hughes Movie

Most people won't get the reference (unless you've read this post of course) but for those who do...1,000 cool points for you.  I was pretty sold on it until about a minute ago, while writing this.  I don't want people to think it has anything to actually do with John Hughes.  But, as narcissistic as it sounds, and I don't mean to be, I think parts of my life could make a pretty interesting movie...or cheesy sitcom at least. 

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Hey hey :) I think changing the blog name would be cool! I think the title would imply a lot more than just you being a fan. I like that John Hughes movies involve a lot of happy endings, coming-of-age, themes that fit a lot with someone our age! Vote yes from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've already captured the john hughes-ness with the opening paragraph. I know you might be sick of it by now, but I always smirk when I read the opening snarky "a 20-something professional gives up everything..." etc. at least, it sounds like a movie trailer. wait! got it. it's just like the headlines that keep echoing in Cameron Diaz's head in that movie, "the holiday".

    ReplyDelete